Although my hotel stay started in Paris, I thought I’d write about Park Hotel in Amsterdam first. I absolutely loved this hotel, which clearly was 4 stars and had paid the price for it also. I have to admit, the price was definitely reasonable for this hotel, based on the amenities provided. I stayed in room 260 which had a front view of central Amsterdam, with the boats streaming across the canal. This hotel was centrally located to nearby restaurants, shops and The Heineken Factory. I would compare this hotel to Starwood’s W Hotel, in which I always enjoy staying in. The staff was very attentive, hotel lobby was sleek and the room was spotless.
One thing about Europe that you always need to keep in mind is making sure to choose your room wisely. In the US, we typically just select a room for 2 and then the website provides you with the option for double beds or king size. In Europe, the option they give you is: single or double; but, there are times when you choose double and they still give you a room with 2 twin beds. Luckily for the doubleroom I booked, they provided us with a queen size bed. If you choose a single at Park Hotel, the bed they provide is not a twin, but a full. Perhaps you don’t mind saving some costs and sharing a full size bed for 2 people, that would be an option at this hotel.
The black tiles in this modern bathroom made it feel chic and sexy. By far, this bathroom was the largest I’ve seen during my stay in Europe this time around.
Altogether, I was impressed with this hotel and the room size for a European country. Unfortunately I stayed for one night, but made the most out of my stay in this fabulous hotel. I would definitely book this hotel again…
- Hotel Ambience: Modern/Contemporary and Chic.
- Hotel Staff: Accomodating and friendly.
- Hotel Amenities: Lots of nearby eateries, shops and tourist attractions. Walking distance to various museums, the Heineken factory and surrounding hotels. 24 Hour room service.
- Cleanliness of Hotel: Spotless.
- Overall Experience: Room was bigger than I expected, I was pleasantly surprised. Amenities were fabulous! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The negative point was the fact that wifi was not free and costs 19 Euros for 24 hours. Whereas, we were informed that wifi was free in local 2-3 star hotels around the area. Irregardless, if I were to stay in Amsterdam again, Park Hotel would be my first choice.