Bonjour! Oh, Paris… how I love thee!!!
During my two-week trip to Europe, I visited Paris twice. The second visit included a stay in the town of St. Denis, which is not far from the city centre of Paris. This hotel was conveniently located near a centralized metro station, Gare du Nord. Hotel Faubourg 216-224 is considered a 3.5 star hotel, narrow in space, but pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and contemporary feel of the room.
The front lobby staff was friendly and provided courtesy calls for catching some local attractions. The staff provided us with information on the canal cruises, Moulin Rouge showings and other cabaret shows. This hotel also provided wi-fi, but the signal was not as strong as we hoped it to be. We were kind of disappointed that their wi-fi access kept kicking us out of being able to use the internet. But for the most part, we were happy with the room and the comfort it provided.
As most hotels in Europe, if you do not specify a double bedroom, you may end up with a room and 2 single beds. Although the temperature outside was not that hot, the AC in the room was working great. As you can see in the photo, the room was styled in a minimalist fashion, but overall it was very cozy. Too bad our room did not have a view of the city, instead we were facing other rooms. The bathroom and shower functioned well, but of course the bathroom was narrow in space. For the decent price we paid per night, this hotel was definitely better than the ones I’ve stayed in Paris before.
- Hotel Ambience: Minimalist, but cozy. Contemporary and clean.
- Hotel Staff: Provided information on local attractions, although improvement in providing directions would be great.
- Hotel Amenities: Did not check out the local spots around the area as much as we would’ve enjoyed. But, located very close to Metro stations with easy access to the various attractions such as the Louvre, Sacre Coeur, Eiffel Tower and more.
- Cleanliness of Hotel: No visible dust spots or dirt.
- Overall Experience: Not a bad place to stay for the price and being a 3.5 star. A cab ride to Notre Dame area would cost anywhere from 7-8 Euros, which is not too bad. Unfortunately, the hotel does not provide parking and a nearby parking garage was not easy to find. The wi-fi signal was not strong and think the hotel should fix it. However, the staff was friendly and noises from the streets could not be heard. Satisfied with the feel of the room and bathroom. Space was small, but the minimalist furniture kept it simple and easy to move around in for 2 people.